Friday, January 30, 2009

Magnetic Support Ribbons and a Major Meltdown

I swear to you I saw this on a truck on my way home from work. I was sitting behind him thinking - Support Radiohead...that just doesn't make sense, I think they're making enough money! Then, I busted out laughing, yep, this redneck had Support Road Head on his truck. That is a sure way to get the laaadies. Kinda like the guy with the Big Johnson T-Shirt, oh yeah, very hooot.


Can you say MELTDOWN? Apparently, I was 'due' for my quarterly meltdown. Ever try to do a simple task that you've done a gazillion times and you can't? I mean I was just trying to swap my wheels and get on the trainer. I seriously could NOT get the wheel on. After much frustration, yelling, and crying...the dogs tried to 'save me.' I think they were scared. I finally quit because I was going to: a) break something b) throw my bike through the big screen tv c) jump out the window (kidding, kidding). I call husband crying ... like he can do something while he's in the car...he asks if I'm sick - no, but I HAVE been screaming a lot. It only took one effen wheel for me to determine that my world was crashing down around me. Somehow, this wheel set me off and that was it, I was inconsolable.


On a lighter note...Marcy commented the other day about my 'vag thing.' I think I told her that my vag thing is perfectly fine and thanks for asking. She's nice, clean, happy but I'm not feeding her soy products or anything. I almost died, while I knew she meant my veg thing....the vag thing was priceless and veggies will forever be known as vags. So, for everyone out there going for the vag challenge, be careful. Your wife/girlfriend might kill you if you tell her you're on the vag challenge! ...BUT you can always say, yeah, I'm a vagatarian. The vag, er, veg challenge is almost coming to a close. I'm still totally OK with everything and may, read MAY extend it! I didn't do it for weight loss, ethical reasons, other than just to see if I could do it. I wasn't militant and didn't ask if my fake sausage patty was cooked next to a pig patty or anything like that. For all I know the same hands that made the mighty meaty pizza made my veggie pizza and I'm OK with that. Some folks frrreak out on that stuff. I didn't eat caesar salad dressing one day on the chance there were anchovies or anchovy paste in the dressing - that was as 'militant' as I got. If NOTHING else, I learned a ton. I learned how to cook tofu without it tasting or looking like a pile of shiz. I learned that I even like tofu cold in some mixed veg's. If I plan better, I eat better. I learned that I don't have to go out to eat everyday for lunch (but I like to). I learned that Logan's really doesn't have any good veg options so I can see where a true vegan/vegetarian would skip out on these steakhouse or meat and three meals. That's just difficult...even salads around here all have bacon on them and what's a green bean unless it's cooked in fatback? Look it up if you don't know what it is. It is what you think it is and it's from a pig. Ick!


Swim, swam, swum ~3000 this morning. A pool at 5am is just wrong. I wasn't remotely awake before we were drilling, swimming, kicking and finished her off with the fastest 5x100's you can hold. I held 1:30 for three of them and then fell off the wagon. There's something about tunnel vision and seeing stars in the water that freaks me out a little. Ride bikes tomorrow and football on Sunday, how sad, football is over for another year.

7 comments:

untpawgal02 said...

Too bad about the meltdown... it happens to all of us. If you wanna talk meltdowns I'm the perfect victim... just ask anyone who knows me! Hope you are doing better :)

Jo Lynn said...

Yup, being a vag isn't too bad. I'm not completely vag but I would be if I wasn't married to a carnivore. It's our right to have a meltdown every now and then. I know what you mean about the dogs coming to lend a hand. My dog will lick my tears when I cry.

Shannon said...

Swimming on a Saturday morning at 5am! Wow your my hero.....

Oh, I forgot to tell you, were having Steak night for our Superbowl get together. I'm so not supportive aren't I?

BTW, I was fighting with my bike calling it everything but a child of God. I even called my brother in law and pulled up youtube videos to try to find some help.

Diana said...

Thank God you didn't throw the bike at the TV, how could you watch the superbowl???!!!

Wes said...

Marcy has a way with words :-) I support Road Head too!!! :-D

Melanie said...

thanks for checkin' out my blog! LOL at the vag thing... too funny!

Marcy said...

I can't speak about the bike but I TOTALLY get having a meltdown. Most of the time I close the door and then start kicking the wall (hi, I'm still in 8th grade or something?!) and then afterward the kids are all like "Mom what were you doing in there?" HAHA!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!