Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How to make a soft bootie look hot...

Does this bootie make my ass look big!?!


Yeah, Yeah, I know what you're thinkin'! I meant a lace up brace bootie for my ankle, ha, ha, made you look. Anyway, doctor...he will be referred to as Dr. Tri (sports med ironman dock). I wait at Dr. Tri's office in my hoootttt cycling shorts and mismatched top full well knowing he's going to need to see the legs and ankle, plus x-rays, I'm prepared. I EVEN shaved my legs since he'd be 'right there.' Then he walked in and sat down. Few pleasantries, I asked if he needed to hear my heart, no, maybe my lungs then, no, damn. Are you sure Dr. Tri, isn't everything kind of connected somehow? No, oh well, nice try. He asked the question, What happened? I pulled this rock out of my pocket and said this little rock happened, now get me better.

After going over the sprained ankle, pretty straight forward, we discussed my knee. I had some issues leading up to IM but nothing debilitating. He says - your something something in latin muscle needs to beef up and pull the kneecap in. Your knee cap is hitting the bone causing the discomfort, kneecap is tracking out. Yeah, yeah, PT, Aleve, I got it.

Then I ask about my neck that is on fire, has been for a while. Dr. Tri says - how about going in for a bike fit? Some adjustments might just get you back into the right position and alleviate the stress. I had a bike fit scheduled at my LBS, Gran Fondo, that afternoon, perfect, love those guys. Dr. Tri says - you know XXXX Bike Shop does a really good job butttt (hesitates), I really like how XXXX Bike Shop does their fits butttt (hesitates)...I look at him and said - Yeah, but that guy is a douche, total d-bag, how he's still in business, I'll never know. Yes, I said it to Dr. Tri, that guy is a douche. He is, though, what can I say. He may be the Doctor but he's just an ironman guy at heart so I didn't feel too bad. He looked at me laughed and then had that extra pause just to make sure I wasn't a total freak. At least he had a good story to take home that nite, a girl brought me a rock and called a guy a douche bag in my office today. Ha!


All said, PT to learn some new strength building moves, riding is OK, swimming, pull only, no running for another week (duh). Still haven't hardly used my new Christmas Garmin and I've got a shiny new pair of running shoes just waiting for me. I CAN'T wait.

11 comments:

triguyjt said...

wow...the doc got an ear full from you...haha

btw...the pic of your mom....she was a beautiful woman

Jo Lynn said...

I had a nice sexy lace up boot just like that last year. Everything heals eventually. I know, easy for me to say. At least you can ride your bike to your little heart's content. ;)

Shannon said...

Rest......

You'll get out there again. So was the Dr. cute or what?

KimsRunning said...

No, but they make you look like the witch from "OZ" when the house fell on her!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Marcy said...

Oh my gawd! HAHAHHAHAAAAAA YOu called the guy a "DB". Have I ever told you that I *heart* you? HAHAHAA

Wes said...

Slow and steady is the sure way to be back out their running :-) Patience, my padawan!!!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

As a douchebag speaking for ALL oppressed douchebags, I just thought you should know that douchebags have feelings, too, you know!

Just kidding! No we don't! That's what gives us that douche-y goodness.

That lace-up booty really gives your ankle some extraordinary cleavage. I'm talking RRRRrrrRRR!! If Dr. Tri didn't go for it after seeing that, he must be gay.

Or a douchebag.

But I can find no "Dr. Tri" in the Official Douchebag Registry so I'm going with ... gay.

Sorry, dear.

Get better!

JoyJoy said...

Whose the doc ? I have this nagging shoulder thing since I did the 50 pushups last october..slow healing as heck....

IronBob (spawning?? at IMAZ 08) said...

So you watch Biggest Loser, too. I think Joelle's partner is going to WHOOP UP on her. She truly is the biggest loser. I have 15 pounds to lose before IMFL, I wonder if they will take me???

Lana said...

So sorry about your ankle, Missy! Too funny about you and the doc. Hey...shoot me an email some time - lanasain@yahoo.com

I don't think I have your address.

Mutuelle sante said...

Thank you so much it was a very good guide, now to make a soft bootie look hot... is without a doubt simple by using your tips. Thank you

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!