Sunday, January 18, 2009

Brokeback Fila's

Sorry, I took this picture and could only think of Brokeback Fila's.

You get fitted for the perfect running shoe. Your gait is analyzed, your weight is taken into consideration. Elation, the perfect shoe, might be ugly BUT functionality is perrrrfect. Soft, light ride, enough cushion, no pains, no real shoe adjustment body wise. That was me yearrrs ago and, like most, been dedicated to the same shoe. Your local shoe store says - Fila is getting out of the running shoe business. I think they're feeding me a line to get me into another shoe. I start calling around. Nope, no more Fila running shoes. Your best bet is to find them online somewhere. I've been doing that for the last year. My recent search and find was at Shore Runner in New Jersey. I call them, yep, one pair, my size, $30!!! $5 bucks shipping and I'm brought back to life. I've spent $100 on these in the past so there is justice in this $30 pair of shoes. I know I'll have to brreak down sometime and get refitted but I don't want to mess with a good thing. What's even better, these shoes are screaming to be run in and I'M still sitting here with a sprained ankle, yep, still swollen...from 12/31/08! BLASTED!

Swim, football AND Rock of Love Bus, oh yeah, trash TV at its finest. I can't wait...I really can't wait to get in these new shoes. New shoes make me faster, don't they?

9 comments:

Southbay Girl said...

Buy more!!! Buy them all up so you don't have to get fitted for shoes that soon!

Sorry about your bum ankle-that sucks!!

Jo Lynn said...

When I ran roads, I was a die-hard Saucony girl. I think they changed models faster than I went through a pair. It's very frustrating that shoe manufacturers don't understand how important "fit" is to us! Someone should talk to them!

Marcy said...

$30?!? Dayum!! I'm with Southbay Girl! Go get some mo!!

Ron said...

Shoot yeah!!!! at $30 a pair buy all you can get your hands on.

IronBob (spawning?? at IMAZ 08) said...

Stock up on those shoes!! Reminds me of the good old days when I used to do the Houston Marathon (12 of them) and at the pre race expo vendors would sell discontinued and last years models for a fraction of the cost.

Vickie said...

I love finding deals on my favorite shoe too. As for the sprained ankle. No fun. I did that last summer for the 3rd time and finally learned my lesson to NOT run for 6 weeks. Elliptical yes. Run no. I'm sure you don't have all the ice and snow we have so you're more able to get out there, but hopefully you can be patient and it will heal faster!

Shannon said...

(((((waving you over))))))))

come to the asics side......

I been an asics girl since the first gait, foot, & run check. I understand your affection towards the running shoe. You got a hot deal on those shoezies.

Wes said...

I consider myself blessed to be able to run in pretty much any shoe... so far :-)

JP said...

Woo Hoo new shoes and you got the good price! Now just get healed and you are red2go.I love new stuff!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!