Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ass kicker!

I'm so cashed right now that I feel like this guy...spit bubble and all! What a face!
Yesterday's schedule - get to our training class (10:30ish) with local cycling celebrity, Todd, Endeavor Performance (cycling) for an hour and a half, quick change to get on our Titan's gear for the playoff game and head to the stadium. I've done spin classes but not like this, with MY bike in a semi-real world situation rather than some chickie that wants to do aerobics on a bike. By cyclists for cyclists. After that thorough flogging, realization that I have a lot of work to do, and that good, "I'm so sweaty" feeling, we showered and got to the Titans vs. Ravens playoff game....rain, wind and droppping temps were not going to dampen my spirits. We cheered, we yelled, we stood for the entire game (interesting after the class) but it was not to be. We didn't deserve to win but it still bummed me out. Made our way home, 8:30ish, where I proceeded to take a hot shower to thaw and pass out. Holy crap. Got the dogs out this morning and got back into the bed until 8:45 and feeling like I could just stay right there...cool air, warm bed, down comforter...is there anything better? I haven't had that - I worked out so hard that I passed out - feeling in a long time. It was gooood. I like it a lot, probably too much.


Today, swim, swim, swim with Excel...it's the last day that one of our coaches will be in town for the next week because SHE will be at the Olympic Training Center. She is part of the U.S.A. National Swim Team - 10K Open Water is her event. I'm fairly certain that I may have the best coach on the planet...to get me ready for a 5K Open Water swim. I'm usually not a 'just finish' kind of girl but this may be my first. I'll give it my best but damn, 5K is a long way.

5 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Damn Girl! That's awesome. I got exhausted just reading about it. And you're going out swimming today? Today is going to be a rest day for me. (I think) LOL

Marcy said...

Nothing like a good ass kicking to get you some quality sleep ;-) Awesome!

Southbay Girl said...

I am exhausted reading about your yesterday and today-I can't even imagine a 5K open water swim-sounds horrendous!

untpawgal02 said...

5k open water swim... that is so awesome :)

Chloe said...

Oh yes. That is the best feeling in the world to crash after an kick ass workout! You're not the only one who is a fan of that!

WHAT AN AMAZING COACH!! That is awesome. Good luck with the open water swim! When and where is it? That sounds awesome!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!