Monday, January 5, 2009

5 A Day Challenge!

I'm working on Challenge #5 - 5 fruit and veg per day. Now, I didn't think this would be THAT hard but I was not 'counting' correctly. The baby salad I used to have and count as a veg was only a half salad...now I'm eating the big salad, same just bigger 1/2 to 2/3 bigger PLUS more veggies. So, I have decided that I can not turn into a piece of broccoli or big salad and that I must branch into new veggies. Mom told me that corn was a veggie but I've come to learn that it's just kind of a veggie, pretty weak on the veggie scale. I went to the grocery and bought some new things to cook in my Braised Root Vegetable recipe...first, I didn't know what the hell a parsnip was. I had to ask the guy and then I looked at him and said, oh, you mean the white carrots? He looked at me like I was retarded. Then I had to find turnip root, found beets but no turnip, had to ask. Then I said, oh, the things that look like cow b*!!s? Only, I stopped at cow, said thanks and took my b*!!s to go with my white carrots and some regular carrots too. I have not made the Braised Cow B*!! recipe yet but I'll let you know how it goes. Besides the carrot, it's awfully white.

Swam yesterday and it was so great to be in water again...not so great to pour my ass back into a bathing suit so you can see everything squish out the side but WHATEVER. 5:00 a.m. swim at the ISC tomorrow morning, yeehaw. I hate the 5:00 a.m. swim but sometimes you just gotta suck it up, 4:15 alarm clock, barf. Oh and the Bachelor is the stupidest show on the effen planet - it was on while I was fondling my parsnips and roots and such and couldn't believe the crap coming out of their mouth. Women don't really talk like that, do they? Not the one's I know at least, Thank God!

5 comments:

Marcy said...

Oh my God you crack me up!! The produce section of the grocery store scares me. Honestly I have no idea what half of the stuff is :-X Parsnip? Yeah no clue. I'm right there with you HAHAHA

Jo Lynn said...

I had to ask what an "anise" was. Mmm-huh. I didn't say it out loud until I asked the guy at the grocery store. :-0

Ron said...

YUCK!!!!! Sounds like vile weeds to me.

David said...

Missy,
I enjoy reading you Blog, so funny and raw. Exactly what do COW balls look like? Keep blogging.
David

jahowie said...

Wow, that is a vision in green!!

Pour your ass back into your suit?!?! LOL!! Too funny. I need someone to push my butt back in the pool. Keep up the good work.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!