Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Great green gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts, greasy grimy gopher guts, greasy grimy…..

Yep, that’s me one great green gob of greasy grimy gopher guts! Is my mom the only one that used to sing me that song when I was a kid? Dang, she was HILARIOUS, I swear it, I miss her.

Anyway, yeah, I got the funky too. I was all jazzed that December 1 was here…I was going to make a ‘come back’ since I’ve been on the DL since November 1. Well, another week won’t hurt me, I suppose. Last nite, slept in a chair to keep the head from getting totally clogged. Seemed to work but I woke up with cracked lips and a crack in my tongue from getting so dry – yep, pretty picture, me holed up with a ‘blankey’ in a recliner, eye mask on to block the sun, with my mouth wide a!@ open. I wish I had a picture to share, very hoooottt. But seriously, is there nothing better than blowing your nose when you’re sick and you can actually feel it come from deep inside your sinuses…you gotta keep pulling on it to get it all out? Gross yes, green yes, long and gnarly, yes, and you know you’ve done it! C’mon there’s not much that can really gross out a triathlete…you ride and run behind people that have peed on themselves all day and you may have even experienced the lovely odor of someone who has shat on themselves all day. So don’t let a little booger creep you out. Lord help me….please don’t let my head actually explode.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Oooohhh man I'm sorry you're sick. I totally feel your pain (although I'm on the getting better side) I sleep with 2 pillows jacked under my head and slab on that Vicks Vapo rub

Holly Jane said...

I felt your same pain a couple of weeks ago! Hope you get better soon!!!

Jill said...

Yeah, I sang that song too...and I'm right there with you. Green globs in all...even my eyes hurt.

Get well soon!

Lana said...

I'm still on the DL too...but I'm stretching out this head cold for all it's worth. Thanks for confirming my thoughts of "another week won't hurt!"

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!