Sunday, November 30, 2008

Me, My Wart, My Magnus, My Ironman!

Much to my surprise, Ryan was more than happy to help document this piece of nastiness. He said - I love you but man you're disgusting! Well, I can't help it. I walked into the dermatologists office and said, I think I have an underground wart (a month before IM, I've never had one before), she said, you have an underground wart, blah blah, some official name - she scraped it, froze it and told me to put the salicylic acid and duct tape on it twice a day. Here's what it looks like after five days of this process....WTF, it has texture, yes, it has texture, 3-D texture. I spent at least 30 minutes today trying to peel away dead skin. So gross. This can't be right, can it?! Ironman, the gift that keeps on giving, I swear, more damn weird bodily stuff...
Magnus, on the other hand, not AS gross but always lookin for love. The poor guy would crawl under your skin if he could...he loves EVERYONE but especially his momma. He thought this whole foot picture production was a perfect time to get some love.
I can't believe it's been one month since 'the day' - Ironman day. I'm still living in the moment but if I don't get my sorry ass off the sofa soon and 'really' move, not just fake move, I might just have to hibernate and fatten up for winter OR go on the Biggest Loser. Beer, the fireplace and some football, yeah, now THAT's a great way to spend a Sunday. UNTIL Ryan said - hey, want to go ride this week? BRRRR BUT YES, haven't seen a bike in month. Let's get those headlamps charged up! This finishing photo looks like a third grade school picture where Mom said - smile big and keep your eyes open, don't you think? OR just maybe I am THAT surprised at this point..



5 comments:

The Running Girl said...

Don't you just love what training does to your feet? At least your dog loves you. We might be going to a boxer rescue adoption day this weekend to check out the dogs.

jahowie said...

I like your finishing photo. You look really excited and I think that's cool. :-) The redneck photo below got a big roll of the eyes here.

Marcy said...

HAHAHA! You know what? I have something that looks EXACTLY like (a bit smaller though) that on my left foot. Every once and awhile I take out the scissors and hack the dead skin off :-X Never hurts so I just leave it. I guess I'm gross too?!?

Wes said...

LOL... I have four dogs, and one of them ALWAYS wants to be on top of me. I think, at the end of Ironman, that any picture that is not of you dying is a good picture :-)

Ron said...

That wart was gross. I had one a few years ago on my heel---hurt like hell. The comment on my blog, "the snort that wakes you up" now that's funny.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!