Sunday, November 23, 2008

Laughing Hard is Underrated

Well, the fairy tale has ended and Titans are at 10-1, not the 11-0 we hoped for...a few sketchy ref calls and Titans not playing up to par amounted to a loss. That would be an interesting conversation in the locker room since this team doesn't know what it's like to lose, they don't know how to mange it and the feelings that go along with it. As long as they get it together to beat the Lions, dear God...

Shelly (IMLouisville 2009), Dee (IMFL 2006 & 2008), Me (IMFL 2008), Abby (IMFL 2008) - Yep, Guinness was two for one last nite...baaaddd news but oh so tasty!


Fun times and easy workouts
I know everyone tells me to just 'do what you feel like right now' - no need to push it, it's the off season - it'll come back to you - you'll want to do it again. The sense of guilt is overwhelming, however. I'm so used to being scheduled to 'death' and I'm not sure I operate well with an open schedule. While I've been catching up with friends and having a total blast, it has involved lots of food and lots of beer = lots of calories. I'm used to meeting up with the same friends for a 100 mile bike ride and we're worried about getting enough calories. It's our time to learn to like it again, I suppose. I still like it all, even though the thought of anything more than a 20 mile bike ride makes me want to barf. Oh, and that 20 miler will be some killer speed of 15-16....I'm actually afraid of my bike right now. Swimming is great because we're just working on drills and efficiency and not a lot of distance, 2000 yards feels like 4000.

Funny swim stories
I won't 'call anyone out here' but if you're reading this you know who you are and it's just too damn funny not to share. Wednesday swim class consisted of a swimming backwards drill...and I don't mean backstroke, swimming backwards (I'll take pictures next time, hilarious). One of my lane mates was passing me in the opposite direction and got his hand caught in my bathing suit strap - easy to do considering we were paddling backwards like drunken fish. I grabbed the top of my suit because it was sure to come down. We both popped up and he proclaimed, I think I felt a booby. I was laughing so hard I cried, he apologized and we tried to make to the end of the lane. Needless to say, I couldn't let it go, thanked him for the cheap thrill (I really only DID feel a hand get caught in the strap not on my booby) and told him I didn't know it was THAT kind of workout. Hopefully, we can still be friends:) Laughing hard is totally underrated. I can just think about it now and crack up. I just love that...a good laugh...

2 comments:

Wes said...

My swim time is nada. I went to ride my hybrid and the back tire was flat. Forget about it. I'll change it sometime next week. And running you ask? Pffft :-) I'll be back at it soon enough, but for now, yea, I'll take another beer please!!! LOL....

Holly Jane said...

LOLOL!!! That is a more hilarious story than just watching me flop in the pool!!! :-)

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!