Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ironman Tidbits...crap I'm just remembering now!

Here's a picture of my ass AND two Excel team mates body marking me on Ironman morning. It was so nice to have a familiar face AND documentation of how small my ass got...I'm sure it won't last...the Ironass!


WTF, the guy swam with fins?!? The more I hear about it the madder I get. But really, are the fins any worse than the drafting and I am talking about the intentional drafting and peletons or people that are ‘working’ together? I saw some that were working like a well oiled machine while I got ‘stuck’ in a ‘bunch’ that couldn’t decide what speed they wanted to go, just didn’t want to get passed by a girl, I guess.



(This is Dad, Aunt Marilyn (his sister), me, Ryan and Uncle Bob on the end!)
WTF, a guy stopped to smoke a cigarette? OK, so my dad, Aunt and Uncle are standing in front of condo row waiting for me to pass by and throw my special needs back at them so I can save my junk. As they were waiting, a guy jumped off course, lit up, choked down a smoke and then got back onto the run course and kept running? Are YOU kidding me? I didn’t believe it but all three swear by it, they stood there and watched in disbelief.





A drunk cheerleader went to give me a high five on the run at night (I had gloves on, see above). I told him I’ve been wiping my nose with these gloves all day – he said he didn’t care and high fived me anyway. You got to love the spirit of the crowd!

The girl wearing a sign that said – Holy f!@#, you’re doing an Ironman! – While it may not have been appropriate for the children, it really did bring a smile to my face because all I could say was – Holy f!@#, I AM doing an Ironman! This was a good sign too and OH so true.

I'm sure there will be 100 more things that come back to me. I swear it still seems so surreal, like it happened to someone else. More to come, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Chloe said...

Nothing can beat the two guys on the double bike in the darkest part of the marathon who where just cruising around passing out beers. Did you run into them?

Yes - I am very pumped about the necklace :)

Michele said...

i think I could do a new post every day about something I remember about Ironman. Still can't believe it is over.

I loved the beer sign too.

The Running Girl said...

Strange things indeed. I think the guy who stopped for a smoke posts over on beginnertriathlete.com

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!