Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can't Touch This!

I'm sorry but this is just too good not to share. Can you believe this redneck crap? I love it. The naked mullet of the 80's, oh maybe it was last week...you just never know. It truly does take all kinds.



So much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend. There is just not enough space or time to put it all down on paper. Most of all, I'm just thankful to achieve everything I set out to achieve this year. It was beyond all my expectations - at times, it was harder than I ever thought but the outcome was better than I could have ever imagined. So, to all my friends who laughed at me when I said I was only going to do one Ironman and this was it, I know why you laughed. It will probably not be my last. BUT can you ever recapture the feeling of the first time you hear Mike Reilly say that you are an Ironman!? And that is cause to question, now that Mike Reilly said that I'm an Ironman, do I NEED him to say that again OR would I be just as fulfilled if I did something like Beach2Battleship half or full ironman distance races http://www.beach2battleship.com/ for example? I mean, the W35-39 Age Group only had nine participants for the full distance. What about the fan fare, what about the volunteers, what about the spectators...are there any? This goes for any of the ironman distance races not owned by WTC. For me, it really is a race against myself, so would something like this be enough? The biggest bonus in all of this...the non-WTC races, 70.3 and iron distances, HALF PRICE or pretty close. While money isn't everything, I can do two non-WTC half iron races next year for the price of Augusta 70.3. It is something to think about for next years plans...I mean, Kona won't happen unless I'm still doing this in the 65-69 age group for crying out loud.

2 comments:

TJ said...

I hear ya. The Ironman brand comes with a price. The non-IM half I'm doing next year is $75 cheaper than Augusta.

Marcy said...

OH MY GAWD!! No way!! Is that picture for real?!? HAHAHAHHAAA LOve me some trash like that HAHA!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!