Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Friends, registration complete, best bike rack spot ever!

Angie and her new,pink crackberry. She's had it two days and knows more about it than I do!



All I have to say is if you're looking to find new friends, bring one "Angie" with you. We can't get down the street with 'people' falling in love with her - men, women, children, dogs, everyone. Hell, she talked a guy out of his banquet dinner ticket for tonite, for free. See, they were sold out of dinner tickets, he was walking through with a boot on his foot, I asked - are you racing? Knowing full well there's no freakin way. I asked if he had an extra dinner ticket, Angie smiled at him and he handed it over. Unbelievable. She should have asked him for money and anything else he had in his bag. Jeeze.






Registration is officially official. Got my numbers, chip and all that good stuff. Still not freaked out yet, even though it's 'real' now. Had a great swim - other than the fact that Andy's wetsuit took a bite out of my shoulder. Otherwise, it was really great.






Um, my bike is on the rack next to the transition bags, next to the changing tent, next to the toilets...perrrrfect. Seriously, it couldn't be any better.

More to come as it happens!

4 comments:

Chloe said...

Good luck tomorrow! I just ran across your blog and wanted to check it out :) I was there this morning for moral support for my training partners who are going to be racing on Saturday. It was a bit chilly - and everyone was eyeing my warm and cozy Uggs boots. But I would much rather be in the place of the racers!!

Good luck and try to to draft on the bike - I don't want to have to give you a penilty card!! :)

Chloe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Thanks for the pictures. We'll be there at 4pm tomorrow. I have a whole list of fun stuff to get for the cheering section. You may need earplugs!!! ha ha.

I heard Crazy Tom is coming too...LOVE it.

When you get a chance, write me and tell me what in the heck you mean from the Harold and Kumar...b/c I am so clueless. Ugh.

Hang in there...there nothing to be nervous about...other than whether we saved you a few beers at midnight.

The Running Girl said...

Yeah for great transition spots!!! Can't wait to watch on-line and see how you do.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!