Thursday, August 28, 2008

Recovery Week, Beer, Happy Hour and Brunch!




Ever feel like this guy? I was feeling this way today so I said, I'm not coming in tomorrow, I'm burning a vacation day. See this is the most perfect ending to a perfect recovery week. I'm telling you what, 'sleeping in' until 6:00am each day, doing only one workout each day, mixed in with a sports massage from my most faithful healer and I'm getting ready to recovery my ass right into the weekend. I have important business to take care of like - happy hour with friends I haven't been able to catch up with, a bike ride and a run, some sleeping in on at least TWO whole days, some Rock Band with some non-tri people, brunch (read: a reason to start drinking before 12 noon), 10K race with an after party (read: more beer and cocktails), do you see a theme here?!? I KNOW that alcohol, beer and wine have no nutritional value to me right now but it's just nice to feel normal...even if for just one week. I'm not moderating the quantity - had three beers tonite and don't give a shit if I'm a little dehydrated tomorrow. Next week will be a totally different story where everything has a value - nutritional value, recovery value, is it worth the extra beer if I have to get up at 4:00am, noooo way. But for now, I can be just one of the crowd and it's a nice change of pace. Lord knows I'd weigh as much as this guy but, for now...




People have asked me about my training since I almost never talk about it here - I'm usually more concerned with flat tires, bad chafing, falling toenails, bikini waxes and the like. While I'm not sure any or all of them have one thing to do with Ironman training, it's going well. Swimming >10,000 yards/week (lake and pool combo), riding 140ish/week, running 25-30ish/week right now and all is well with the world...other than the fact there is no time for anything else. Getting up at 4:00 to get in that a.m. workout and running home for any bit of daylight for the p.m. workout are getting more challenging as the days are getting shorter. Thankfully, the dogs love to eat some kibble at 4-4:30 in the morning...even if I have to actually get the old one up.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Jeez, I'm training like that too. How do you fit in time for your bikini waxes? I'm starting to look like a caveman ;)

58days :O

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!