Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Will I ever get faster?

My triswami says yes, I will get faster but I really wonder - will I get faster or just more sore? I have drawn one conclusion from my recent coaching experience...I would never have done this on my own. Why would I never have done this on my own? Because I don't like to hurt. That's what it boils down to, when I start to hurt, I go into a lower gear (riding and running). Well guess what, going into a lower gear does NOT make you faster and I'm proof of it. Put it into a higher gear, all that you can manage, and roll on. My legs are all kinds of tired these days and they never were before. Maybe I've discovered hamstrings for the first time in my life.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I always look at speedwork in this sense........

If I am sore the next morning, then I did it right!

Speed sneaks up on you too, one day you will just take off faster than you ever have before, then the game becomes.......how long can I hold this?


Ironman is coming :)

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!