Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm skerd!

I'm growing more anxious and skerd about multiple things and one just doesn't make any kind of sense...I'm doing a 5K on the 4th of July and I'm terrified, truly. Muncie Endurathon is on July 12, not skerd, not anxious, not nervous, 5K terrified. See, I've been working with my triswami, my killer coach, that is, on getting my run form down, getting more efficient, getting a little speed - the usual. Well, I'm a jackass and opened my big mouth and said a 5K might be neat to test my new skills and use it as a time trial. In his true fashion, he placed it on my training plan and now I'm freaking out. I guess I want to do my best and do right by him and show my 'skills.' Skills is relative, believe me. I suppose I just need to run until I puke, er, pee, er somethin'. We'll see what happens and if I keel over at the end. That's how I know I've gone fast enough. But really, when was the last time you raced just 3.1 little miles with nothing else, no swim, no bike, just a short, little, fast, painful, run?
Secondly, after Muncie, well, it's Ironman and it's ON. I guess I've broken down the year and not really looked at Ironman, I just looked to the next race. Well, after Muncie, that's the next race - save a sprint, oly or something for training. Yikes...I'm getting skerd.
P.S. R&R Racing Team did great at the races. In true fashion, many awards to pass around and no harm to man or machine, #1 goal!

3 comments:

Holly Jane said...

I'm right there with ya girl! A 5K skers me too!!! It's an out all sprint!!! It's freakin torture! But you will do great!!!! Show off those skillzzzzzz! :-) IMFL will be fun. Think of it as a full day of invigorating exercise :-) Easy for me to say since I'm not signed up.

Trigirlorlando said...

Hi Missy...Meet another missey (spelled differently of course) that is going for Ironman Florida. Had to add you to my blog list since we are namesakes!! Best of luck in your training...see you in November!!!

Ryan said...

I have to use a 5K as a warm up now, it is all relative when training for an Ironman.

I'm with you, I have been living for the next race, Ironman reality starts for me July 15th, which happens to be my birthday.

Good Luck with the 5K and negative split that Mutha!!!!!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!