Saturday, May 17, 2008

Boob Shot!

OK, what man took this picture? Seriously, most of us don't even have boobs but we look like we're falling out of our suits. Good stuff. Anyway, I feel weird today. I keep calling people trying to figure out what I'm 'supposed' to be doing right now. I am determined to take one whole week off from any tri activity for physical but mostly mental health. I need to WANT to do this again. I'm feeling pretty good, recovered mostly and have been eyeing my bike all day. It's a beautiful day out perfect for a ride or run but??? The other evening I was sitting on the sofa at 6:30 with a glass of wine in my hand and looked at Ryan and said - is this what normal people do after work? He said - no, this is what normal people with no children do after work. Point taken and yes, I guess this is what normal people do. It's not like there's not 101 things I should do - mow the lawn, clean closets, spring clean the garage - but that's not fun. I guess that's what it boils down to, swimming, cycling and running are fun, cleaning, not so much. Oh, and the withdrawal symptoms are hideous...withdrawal from high activity level to zero AND from your training partners and friends. I've got the Jimmy leg at nite and I keep calling my training partners to see what they are doing. Some are going on 70+ mile rides today to which I replied f!@# that. How about a 5 mile ride to the coffee or ice cream shop? Or maybe a long walk with the dawgs? I'm trying to keep perspective on life and that SBR is not the ONLY thing in my life, or is it? I feel lonely today. So freakin weird!

3 comments:

Lana said...

I'm lost too!! I came over to your blog to see what you were doing...and I see that we are about the same! I had told some of my friends that I would ride 60 this morning at 6 a.m. with them, but when that alarm went off I said the same thing you said about riding 70! haha! I sent out a txt msg and told them I wouldn't be coming.

Anyways...I totally think I need some down time, more mental than physical. I think we will thank ourselves for it when we are waking up at the break of dawn for 100 mile rides pretty soon. It's all about balance...

Ryan said...

Thanks for the reminder about taking an IV. My wife told me to go, but my thick head just wouldn't listen.

A friendly fun fact: (whether you want it or not)

My urine was dark yellow for about 3 days after, should have gotten the IV.

I live in Pensacola, and that was the hottest and most humid day we have had to date.

Guess what pic in my new wallpaper?

Great job with GCT!

peter said...

Hey you got a cool blog dude... and yeah i was stunned to see the "title" for the article.ufff,,,,

=============================
Peter

Florida Drug Rehab

Florida Drug Rehab

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!