Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Zone 1 or my Pride?

Let me preface this by saying that my Zone 1 for running is 111-133. I can fart and get into Zone 2, for crying out loud. So my schedule said Zone 1 'run' (that's funny) for 30 minutes yesterday. Knowing I would have to keep my HR low, I took Magnus with me. Even the DOG looked at me like - are you kidding me...this doesn't even constitute a good walk. THEN it happened, I hit a portion of my route where lots of people would see me AND I saw someone else running. This is the death blow for a Zone 1 run. It was over. I didn't want anyone to actually SEE me 'like that' or feel like I have to explain myself. Oh, I'm just on a recovery day. Why do we need to prove ourselves to the guy passing us in a car, smoking, while his belly touches the steering wheel??? Who knows but I DO know my pride got the best of me yesterday. Lesson learned, do YOUR workout and don't worry about anyone else. The dog will be happy either way. He doesn't know the difference, has NO pride (he licks himself in public and fancies rabbit turds as a snack), and still thinks YOU are the greatest thing ever...even in Zone 1.

1 comment:

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!