Besides that, here's what defines a good road warrior friend:
- You can blow snot rockets all day long and they don't care...unless you tag them with it.
- They sing you bad 80's songs when you're feeling a little bit spent.
- You can bonk on a ride and they'll call their mom to pick you up.
- They bring extra toe warmers for those sub 40 degree rides when you think your hands and feet might fall off.
- You can count on them for the duration, barring anything crazy. They won't bail early and make sure you get 'the time' in the saddle that you need.
- They'll 'guard you' when you're trying to pee while cars are driving by.
- Last, but not least, a good road warrior friend knows where you keep the peanut butter for mid-ride pit stops at the house...they also know that the dawgs get to lick the knife when you're done with it!
Long rides are up to 3:30 already and long runs are at 1:45. My legs are fried today but thankfully, not my mind (yet). We're rolling now and feeling good. Gulf Coast, here we come - May 10!
I was reminded again of what constitutes a good road warrior friend...they let you borrow their sports bra when you forget yours without batting an eye. Give it a sniff, tell you that it's either clean or dirty, you tell them you don't care because beggars can't be choosers! Thanks Rebecca.