Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Equipment and Gadgets

There's always more equipment and certainly more gadgets than you can count for all this tri stuff. I certainly think that the new use for the Fuel Belt (shown above) may be the best equipment adaptation I've ever seen. I can only hope that I feel good enough at the end for a beer.
So what is the worst piece of equipment created?
  1. The Snorkel - will someone please take this $20 piece of shit off my hands? I'll pay YOU to take it away from ME. I'm supposed to use it in swim drills but I'm not totally sure of the point other than suck lots of water, gag and how to look terribly sexy with a nose clip on. Nice look.

  2. The Bike Trainer - it is BRUTAL when you're alone. Yeah, you can watch TV but the dog usually just sits and stares at me like I'm the 'show.' (Look at this silly human, riding a bike that is going nowhere. I mean really, what an idiot!) BUT if you get friends in the game, pop in a good movie (Vacation, Sixteen Candles, Fletch), you are golden. Screw spinervals, screw spin class, spin with us!

  3. The Treadmill - OK, this is up there with the snorkel but only slightly more useful. I know I'm supposed to 'run in the elements' but if there's thunder and lightening, I'm out or in, as it were. I've never done anything as boring as running on a treadmill. I'd rather contemplate my navel, I swear.

So, we continue to use these torture devices only to get better, stronger, faster, better. And the question is regularly asked, when do you start training? I think I already have.

P.S. Is it weird to grab a man's leg that you barely know? Quantified - the man in my lane was getting out of the pool. He started to wince in pain and I could see the HUGE cramp in the back of his hamstring (this knot). I didn't want to leave him there so I stuck my thumb in it and apologized for being so 'forward' since we just met. No come on intended, it just looked painful!

No comments:

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!