Friday, January 18, 2008

VO2 Max!

In my quest to train right, I figured that VO2 Max Testing would be a good place to start. I decided to save some cash and just do the run. If you are not familiar with this torture, it's just like a stress test for the heart but with headgear. Now, the headgear feels like you're breathing through a straw and is VERY attractive. So, you're running until failure while breathing through a straw. I just wish I had pictures to share. I have tracked my average heart rate in the past but not trained to it. Now...I know why...for me to run in Zone 2, I have to keep it at 11-12 minute miles. I've seen speed walkers walk faster than that. I sit here just hoping that going slower will actually make me faster in the long run. I'm sticking to the plan but it's hard. It's hard because all of this means that I'm going it alone for a while. Just me and the dog. At least he's a cool dog and a decent conversationalist. If anyone is up for a fast walk or creeping slow run, join me, I just be plodding along those endless, slow miles.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I'll run with you at that pace!!!! Love long slow runs

Kate said...

Missy, thanks for the message, I am trying to track down some IMFL'rs 08. The VO2 mas sounds brutal. How dis ya do?

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!