Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Snowflakes and 2008!


A run isn't going to 'get done' on its own. As I ventured out the door, on the coldest day of the year so far, I opted to leave the headphones at home, the dog at home, in lieu of a solo (and slowlow) run. I wanted to have a moment to myself to think about the year ahead because we are officially into 2008. I really can't believe it. Gulf Coast will be here before you know it so it's time to get ready! ...no more holiday excuses to eat and drink whatever I want...no more excuses to pass on a workout in favor of something else (ANYTHING ELSE).
About 10 minutes from home, in a 45 minute run, it started to snow (I use that term loosely, however). The flurries and the wind really picked up. I took off my glasses and couldn't see a thing - too many flakes getting caught in my eyelashes. I started to laugh and then tried to catch the snowflakes on my tongue. I'm certain the neighbor kids think I'm actually the crazy lady that lives down the street. As I had my little moment, laughing, catching some snow and the ever increasing wind, all I could think of is there's nothing like today. There won't be another workout, another day, another run like today. All the unique snowflakes, here today, gone tomorrow. It was cold but it was a great day. January 1, 2008 - it's ON! Hope Santa brought you everything you wanted.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Ahh, another new blogger about IMFL 08, add me to the list please. My only resolution is to become more interactive in the triathlon community. I spent last year reading blogs "lurking" and felt a little left out reading about group meetings at races and how fun it is to meet such different people with the same passion for triathlon. So welcome. Oh and believe it or not it is cold enough to snow here right now 28 brrr, in Pensacola Fl. My ride today will be on a trainer with my old wheels because Santa did not bring the Zipp 999's I asked him for at the mall. I think his is still mad that I peed a little on his lap. My daughter is right, He is scary up close.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!