Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Drama, et al...

What spurs drama - cliques, he said/she said, gossip, misunderstandings? Maybe all of these things spur drama. Who needs the smack talk, really? Smack talkers are usually the one's that are not in the top three overall or age group even...it's generally someone in the top third or so who feels the need to express or prove their superiority to the 'rest of us.' What would possess someone to talk it up around town about how they're going to kick your butt next year OR you're not that great of a swimmer OR what-EVER! This is mind boggling to me. I'm not good at ANYTHING enough to talk smack about you or anyone else. Maybe I'm a faster swimmer but you'll kick my ass all over the run. So WHAT? Do I need to tell you or anyone else for that matter? C'mon people, results are posted on line for the world to see. Work hard, do your best, I hope YOU place, I hope you get the reward you were looking for out of this adventure - be it personal satisfaction or a slot to Kona. Suffice it to say, if it's your first Ironman, I strongly suggest you keep your mouth shut...you have NO clue what to expect. I don't know what to expect. I just know that I've got a lot of work ahead of me. I also know that I have 16 hours and 59 minutes available to me on D-Day. I may not need all of them but you just never know.
P.S. Look at everyone WE know that almost always wins, places, goes to Kona, gets hardware...I don't hear them 'talking' very much. Coincidence?

1 comment:

Abby said...

Could that be directed towards a certain person????? Point her out and we'll practice mass starts and water derby with her....Mis, you are going to rock it out next year with all your friends cheering you on!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!