Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thankful!


Of course, there is so much to be Thankful for this year, as is every year. I like to reflect on the small things. I mean, yes, I'm thankful for friends and family and a good job and, and, and. But here are some of the small things I'm thankful for this year:


  • For my friends that sing bad 80's songs to me on nite rides - they make it so much more entertaining.

  • For a rock solid LG helmet that saved my ass, er, head this year.

  • For my dog's ability to clean the salt off my face after a ride/run, they're not particular.

  • For finding the last fry in the bag...Angie's analogy for leaving one last gear to hit on that hill that is going to kill you...it's like the joy of finding the last fry hiding in your bag underneath your burger...ELATION one, more, fry, in, the, bag!

  • For hot water in the showers at the pool on a cold day.

  • For finding $20, yes $20 on my run yesterday. I never find anything good. What a joyful treat the rest of my run was. I think I skipped home. It was only $20 but it's the best kind of $20.

  • For the person who is smart enough to bring beer to the lake on Friday's during the summer - thank YOU Andy and Jere!

  • For my cleaning lady who does my laundry too (love her and no, you can't have her number).

  • For Ryan when he cleans out the coffee pot so I don't have to at 4:30am.
  • For being able to do this crazy stuff, swim, bike, run is daunting enough but 140.6 miles of it. I better go take a nap and think about it some more.

There's really too many things to mention on the Thankful level but always remember the small things...and say thank you, a lot. It's all the little stuff that really adds up and means something to 'the next guy.'

No comments:

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!