Saturday, November 10, 2007

One Week Ago...


One week ago today, I watched many friends, training partners and strangers start and complete Ironman Florida 2007. It's always a long day for everyone...cheerleaders included. I have to say, our Nashville, TN crowd has triathlon cheering down to a science. Do you think we could sell our Ironman Cheer Kit? Anyway, it is with much thought, analysis and many candid converations that I decided I really can do this thing. After years of watching the Ironman specials on TV and a couple years of watching them live myself, I, somehow, have determined that I can do this. It is certainly NOT an impulse decision, that's for sure. I've watched my friends ride until they can't ride any more, I've looked them in the eye when all they can say is, "I'm just tired," and I swam with them until their arms were like noodles. And for some ridiculous reason, I thought, I want to do this. THIS seems like a good idea.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hey I am in too. I have been looking fo other bloggers doing 08.

smartwool socks said...

I agree with you its a great idea..keep it up..

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!