Sunday, November 18, 2007

Last Leaves of Fall...

As I was out of breath and climbing that hill today, all I could hear was Ryan yelling - this is mile 104 of the bike (referring to IM, of course)...how are you feeling now? I could only smile and wave a kind gesture. as I had NO air in which to respond. Sometimes, I have no more 'lung' to give, more leg but no more 'lung.' OR is it that I've been favoring cheeseburgers and fries in lieu of salmon and rice...oh, and beer, lots of beer?! Maybe I'm out of lung since I've grown a bit this winter? Either way, forge on. As a friend said so eloquently the other day (an IM veteran many times over), why do we do this to ourselves...for just one day...all year long for just one day...and it's over? I said - you tell me, you're the one who signs up year after year? Why do YOU do it? I think it's because we can and to remind ourselves that we're alive.

No comments:

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!